I looked at my “Many Doors” Pinterest™ board to quickly find a Door to use in my meditation.
I imagined that the door looked like a country cottage in a quaint village. I opened it and saw plants inside. I am not sure why…. I felt like I was flying downward below the floorboards. I kept trying to reset so-to-speak and go back, because this wasn’t in my plan. I thought I was going into a cottage…. I realized I had to let go of my expectation and I continued through the floor.
The garden was amazing and so large it seemed infinite. It glowed with brilliant light. The colors were like none I had ever seen. I was reminded of the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth and then felt like I was in the original Garden of Eden. I felt the Lord take my hand and we walked along a path. I could only stare in awe at the waterfalls, rivers, grass, trees, flowers and more.
I then saw a tree that was perfectly straight and symmetrical in the distance. The canopy looked like two scoops of strawberry ice-cream. As I got closer I saw pink flowers like cherry blossoms. I was able to become small enough to travel into the center of the flower.
Then, I came back home. And realized it had only been a few minutes, but it is encounter I will never forget.
The Many Doors Healing Encounter Tool
Jesus is a Door. Jesus is a Healer. Why not use Doors for Healing? It made sense to me… John 10:9 says, “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.” Plus, Matthew 10:8 tells us to “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.”
So, Bam! I realized why I had been collecting “Door” pins on Pinterest™ for years. I tested my Door theory as a way of creating active and eternal change in peoples’ lives. It worked better than expected.
Let’s keep it simple. True, lasting eternal change comes from God through Jesus and Holy Spirit. We are hardwired to understand our identity as children of God, and that we can partner with Him in life.
People say that a leopard can’t change his spots. Okay, but we can ours. When we encounter God’s presence and healing, we are never the same.
Many Doors Visioning Exercise
- Sit quietly somewhere that you can partner with Holy Spirit to Meditate, to use your Righteous Imagination, and to Journal this experience.
- Have someone guide you through this time if you would like. This can be a very powerful healing tool.
- Find a “Beautiful Door” image that grabs you from the Internet. You can also visit my Pinterest Board called “Many Doors” at Jana Rawling Studio. Don’t think about it too long. Just pick one.
- Study the Door you have chosen just long enough for you to be able to close your eyes and see it in your mind. Think of a Righteous Goal, like a problem that needs solving; a look at a specific stage of your life, or the place you are at; relationship challenges; and other things you want to be healed. Make sure to glorify God as you focus on the Goal.
- Close your eyes. Take a deep breath. Set expectations or agendas aside. Breathe again and look at the door in your mind.
- Do you feel like opening the door, or should it stay closed?
- Use your righteous Imagination to open the Door and allow yourself to have an encounter with Jesus. If you are not opening the Door, ask yourself, Why? Ask Holy Spirit, Why?
- Go with the Holy Spirit flow and Journal your results.
- Pick more than one door.
- Name the Door(s).
- Draw or Paint a Door, either before or after the exercise.
Please, share your experiences in the Comments section below. Happy Visioning!
6/6/2018 > Jana Rawling ♥
WARNING: Change can come from God and be everlasting; Or, it can be short-lived coming from our own latent human power, or through the limited power of demons. Take care to keep from giving others specific direction or leading when helping others. This is basically witchcraft—to be avoided by Christians.
Related Bible Verses
We encourage you to exegete passages and search the Scriptures for more.
[Jesus the True Shepherd] “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
[Jesus the Good Shepherd] Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Now when they had come and gathered the church together, they reported all that God had done with them, and that He had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles.
meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains,
Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!
“I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
[The Throne Room of Heaven] After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.